You, who follow our work, who already watched a group's spectacle and was touched, who returned and watch it again; who participated in a creating process, who already did one of our workshop or would like to do the first; who have rehearsed in our space or were inspired by it, who think that cultural spaces have to be supported and strengthened because they make a big difference for people and for the city.
You, who think that is important for Pigmalião to keep its doors open, encouraging artistic creation and offering specialized formation in puppetry and visual theater:
Can you help us in this difficult time?
Unfortunately, the crisis caused by Coronavirus is in the beginning here in Brazil and we know that we are going to pass through a very difficult period in the next months. It will be really complicate for Pigmalião to maintain its space. The last two years we already deparate with many cuts and decrease in the cultural policies for political reasons and it will be a hard challenge for the group, which today counts 10 members, to keep their activities running.
With the pandemic things got worse. Today we have projects stopped with no resumption date, presentations and workshops canceled and no prospect of hiring in the next months, but the rent and bills continue to expire, and they are numerous and frightening!
You can make the difference and help us to sustain our space until it will works again!
We have many things to offer in return as soon as all of this will be past:
Voucher of 10 Euro : Acknowledgment citing you on the social networks
Voucher of 20 Euro: Acknowledgment on the social networks and you will receive a postcard of Pigmalião
Voucher of 40 Euro: Acknowledgment on the social networks and you will receive a Postcard and a Poster of a Pigmaliao show
Voucher of 70 Euro: Acknowledgment on the social networks and you will receive a Postcard and a Poster of a Pigmaliao show and a T-shirt of the group.
Voucher of 175 Euro: Acknowledgment on the social networks and a Spot with discount for the Intensive Workshop of Construction and Manipulation of Strings Puppets.
Voucher of 250 Euro: Acknowledgment on the social networks and a expressive human frontal mask, made in paper mache (on request).
We had to postpone the dates of our workshops but they will happen as soon as everything is back to normal. Secure your spot with discount:
>Face modeling with clay;
> Plaster mold and latex reproduction;
> The construction of the Pigmalião;
> The relation between Actor and puppet;
> Intensive Workshop of Construction and Manipulation of Strings Puppets.
1) The dates of the workshops will be defined according to the availability of the majority of the students and teachers. In the case that you are not available to participate in the date choose for the workshop and you don’t want to do anyone of the others workshops, the amount invested will be returned without 6% of the website fee.
2) The workshops will take place on the weekends, with 8h each.
3) The workshops will take place if we will reach the minimum of 5 students in the case of the 8 hours workshop and 10 students in the case of the intensive workshop.
If it won’t happen, the amount invested will be returned with a discount of 6% of the website fee.
> Seu Geraldo: Voz e Violão +info
> Bira e Bedé +info
1) The show can be performed in other cities, but transportation, food and accommodation costs will be borne by the contractor.
- Seu Geraldo - 2 (two) people travelling
- Bira and Bedé - 3 (three) people traveling
In the case of the purchase of the two shows there will be 3 (three) people traveling.
Art works for sale:
1) The retirement of the puppets and masks will be at the espace of the group: Espaço Pigmalião - Rua Pouso Alegre, 155 - store 1- College Bastista - BH / MG - Brazil. In the case that will be necessary to send by post, the group will be responsible for the post that will be borne by the buyer.
> Professional string puppet, the Clown, carved in wood.
> String puppet of the collection “Trupe da Corda Preta”, carved in wood;
> Expressives front masks on paper mache, (example of thekind of mask in the image below - details will be agreed by the buyer)
But if you don't want to do a workshop or buy a puppet or show, but you like our work and want to help us, your contribution will also be very welcome!
Find how to support us HERE!